Introduction to ERP
The Introduction to Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) course will help you determine if your organization is ready for an ERP implementation, examine the benefits of implementing an ERP system, and build a compelling business case in support of an ERP implementation. Introduction to ERP explores the process integration of businesswide functions (demand management, product design, and delivery) required and supported by an ERP implementation.
The course also addresses tactical functions required, such as project management and project planning, provides an overview of implementation alternatives for ERP, and includes a manufacturing case study.
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe the concept of ERP and the ERP model; define key terms; explain the transition from MRP to ERP; identify the levels of ERP maturity.
- Explain how ERP is used to integrate business processes; define and analyze a process; create a process map and improve and/or simplify the process; apply the result to an ERP implementation.
- Describe the elements of a value chain, and explain how core processes relate; identify how the organizational infrastructure supports core business processes; explain the effect of a new product launch on the three core business processes.
- Identify the international issues that impact a worldwide implementation of ERP; identify the key technological considerations and infrastructure concerns in ERP implementation; describe the strategic use of technology for ERP.
- Explain how the key elements of organizational change management apply to an ERP implementation; define change readiness; describe a learning requirements plan; explain the use of assessment tools to identify the readiness of an organization to change; identify the methods of implementing and sustaining the change.
- Describe project organizational considerations; define the project management tools and resources needed to implement an ERP system; describe the roles and responsibilities of the key organization players; describe the tactics, tools, and methodologies available to implement ERP; evaluate the success of the implementation.
- Describe how the knowledge management capability of an ERP system can be used to sustain competitive advantage; describe how to use ERP to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers.
Course Fees per student: APICS members $350, non-members $400.
Minimum class size is 6 students.
Please contact Todd Nadler @ (518) 265-8836 for more information.